Sunday, October 4, 2009

Glass Net Floats--The Ultimate Sea Glass

Hi All!
We've spent this afternoon assembling the collection of glass net floats that we will be offering at the Sea Glass Festival. We've been collecting these floats for over 25 years and we have used them as decor in the beach house. The beach house is really, really small and the net floats number over 200--talk about overkill!
I decided I would cull the herd-so to speak-and offer some of the bigger floats at the festival. When I was collecting them I never worried about where they were from or anything like that--I liked the color and many of my floats are newer decorative pieces--not just the old authentic net floats. I don't care--I like them all. Most of my large floats--the beachball size are old and signed as are quite a few of the smaller ones. These are the ones I will be offering at the Festival so it will be great pickings for any serious collectors. I have them from Japan (signed and unsigned), Russia, Portugal and Germany, so if net floats are your thing--make sure you stop in and see us at the North American Sea Glass Association Festival, Oct 17 & 18, Bayfront Convention Center, Erie, PA. Of course we will also be showing our sea glass jewelry as well but I'm happy none of these glass floats ever got reduced to the frosted shards but have survived intact after years of floating at sea.